I was born in Erlangen, Germany, in 1964. After my high school diploma and university studies in Music Sciences, I was trained as an apprentice bow maker in the workshops of Roderich Paesold from 1988 to 1990 and then worked there for seven more years.
In 1993, I successfully passed the master craftsman examination in bow making, administered by the Chamber of Crafts and Trades of the City of Nuremberg.
In 1997, I began work in the Richard Grünke workshop in Langensendelbach (near Bubenreuth), where I was mainly active in the production of new bows, but I also did some major repair work.
Since 2001, I have been self-employed in my own studio in Erlangen (close to Bubenreuth and just North of Nuremberg).
Special Professional Awards
- Special Prize from the French violin and bow makers' association for outstanding achievements.
- Silver Medal for a cello bow at the international contest in Mittenwald, Germany
- Awarded a "Mention Spéciale" for a cello bow at the Second International Contest in Paris.
- Silver Medal for a violin bow at the international contest in Mittenwald, Germany.
- Bronze Medal for a cello bow at the international contest in Mittenwald, Germany.